Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scrapbooking | Life's A Beach 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea

My husband and I took a vacation down to the Jersey Shore (North Wildwood, New Jersey) last week and once we returned I got busy making some scrapbook pages. Today's layout was done in the 12x12 format and features photos of me walking the beach in Wildwood.

My background is a piece of 12x12 scrapbooking paper that is done in a muted blue, light green and light olive green pattern (small ripples). My bottom border is a piece of scrapbooking paper that has ocean and beach sayings on it that I trimmed down to measure 2" by 12" in size. I then took olive green ink and inked around all 4 edges of that strip before gluing it down onto my background paper.

I had 3 photos I wanted to use in this layout so I cropped 2 of them down into rectangular shapes and matted them onto olive green cardstock. I trimmed my cardstock down so that 3/8" of an edge remained. I then used glue dots to attach them to my page. For the third photo of my feet in the sand I simply trimmed around my feet so that I had a cut-out of my feet and used glue dots to attach that to the top right of my page.I had some beach theme'd Dazzles that I purchased from Paper Wishes in a brown color that say "Life's A Beach" that I used for my page title and stuck those words under my photo of my feet. I then took 4 small Dazzles (one of flip-flops, 2 sea shells and 1 crab) and mounted them onto pale blue vellum and then trimmed around the outter edge of the Dazzle and used them as accent stickers on my layout. (see photo for placement).

I made my own journaling tag from light blue scrapbooking paper (olive green ink around the edges of the tag) and then matted that onto olive green cardstock. I put some dark brown fiber trim through the hole of the tag to add accent. I did the journaling in my own handwriting.

I love how clean and uncluttered this layout is as I really wanted to focus on the photos and not on embellishments. This layout took me 35 minutes to make and the layout cost me less than $1.35 to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)