Saturday, September 17, 2011

Scrapbooking | Just Beachy Jersey Shore Scrapbook Layout Idea

Hubby and I just got back from a 8 day vacation down to the Jersey Shore...North Wildwood to be exact and we had a fabulous time! We love the Wildwood, Stone Harbor and Cape May area and go down a few times every year to our condo. My scrapbooking layout today was done in the 12x12 size and features a beach scene aka us walking the beach & collecting shells.

My background paper is a piece of 12x12 scrapbooking paper that is a textured sand print. I had 3 photos of us walking the beach which I cropped down and matted them onto chocolate brown cardstock, leaving a 3/16" border around the photo. I purchased a pack of Beach theme'd Dazzles (tm) from Paper Wishes (tm) and used the "Just Beachy" Dazzle for my page title. I also used the sea horse border strip along the right side of the page. The Dazzles are peel & stick and I love using the Dazzles in my scrapbooking layouts. I took the sand castle Dazzle and put it onto light beige scrapbooking paper and then trimmed around the outer edges to make my own embellishment. I used markers to add windows and texture to the sand castle. I used 3 adhesive back foam dots on the backside of it and stuck in onto my page (bottom left). I finished up my layout by adding 2 tiny star fish around the sides of the castle to just add some accent. Again, those are Dazzles too!

This layout took me about 35 minutes to make. I wanted a neutral toned layout that wasn't too busy or cluttered and I think I accomplished that with this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)