Monday, September 19, 2011

Scrapbooking | Cool Ocean Breezes Scrapbook Layout Idea

Today I am sharing with all of you a 12x12 scrapbook layout that I did a few days ago that features photos of hubby and I down at the Jersey Shore. Sorry the photo isn't too clear as my camera has been acting up again! This page took me about 45 minutes to make because I tore a lot of my scrap paper and did a paper collage for my background.

My background is made up of 4 different pieces of blue or blue with print scrapbooking paper. Three of the papers are solid light blues but slightly different shades and one is a light blue with ocean & beach words printed all over it. I just simply tore up my scraps into a pleasing pattern and glued them all down on a white piece of cardstock...covering that piece of cardstock entirely.

I had 3 photos which I cropped down and matted onto medium blue cardstock and trimmed them so that 3/16" border remained. I took a piece of frosty white vellum and tore it into an uneven rectangle and chalked around the edges of it in blue. This rectangle of vellum is larger than the photo of the beach & water as I wanted to use it as a mat. I put the vellum down on the center right of the layout with glue dots. I then mounted my ocean photo on top. I used a blue brad to add accent and placed it onto the vellum at the top and I did a little journaling under the photo and wrote directly on the vellum. I then placed a fabric sticker underneath that which says cool ocean breezes.

I placed the photos of hubby and I on the left side of the layout. I had to clear with black lettering word stickers so I placed the SUNSHINE one above hubby and the AT THE BEACH is under the photo of myself.

I wish my camera was acting better as the collage of torn paper along with the torn vellum looks beautiful and definitely beachy and ocean-like. I am really pleased with how this layout turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)