Monday, August 29, 2011

Scrapbooking | Taking A Walk With My Grand Daughter Scrapbook Layout

Today I am featuring another 12x12 layout I made using supplies that I received from Scrapbuck.com. If you have never shopped at Scrapbuck you really should! You can get name brand scrapbooking supplies at an affordable price! Every item (except for the printed background paper) came from Scrapbuck and here is what I used and how I used it!

My background paper is a muted floral colorblock 12x12 piece of scrapbooking paper from my own stash. I used 2 photos in this layout which feature me walking my grand daughter and my mother walking my grand daughter a few weeks ago one one of our weekly walks with her. I wanted to document that "her grandma's" have been taking her out for walks once a week all summer long so decided to scrapbook a page about it. I used a piece of the light sage green, medium sage green and yellow cardstock papers from the Colorbok Deluxe Textured Cardstock pack that contains 50 sheets of cardstock. I matted each photo first with the light sage green cardstock and then with the yellow cardstock and trimmed them down so that only an 1/8" border remained. I then attached those photos to the darker green cardstock using double sided tape. I then used my paper trimmer and trimmed down that sheet so that it was rectangular in size and offset the two photos on it so that space remained under the left photo and so that space remained above and below the right photo.
I used the "Stop" "Slow" and "Go" embellishments from the Soft Spoken 'Toddler" embellishment pack under the right photo. I used the green glitter corner mounts from the Glitter Die-Cuts 76pc. "Just Chillin" Pack in each corner of my layout. I then used one of the green glitter rectangular journal blocks under the left photo and a green "Dream" tag with flower above the right photo...again, all of them are from the "Just Chillin" Glitter Die-Cuts Pack. I used the green Glitter Gel Pens to do my journaling under each photo on the yellow mat and on the glitter green journal block under the left photo.

I am really happy with how this layout came out. I wasn't sure what to do with one vertical photo and one horizontal photo so I solved that by mounting both on one big sage green cardstock photo mat.

If you are looking for name brand, quality and affordable scrapbooking supplies you need to head on over to Scrapbuck and check out their selection...they have hundreds and hundreds of scrapbooking supplies that everyone can afford!

Disclosure: I was given free products by the company mentioned in this blog post to try out in my own home for all of my blog readers. My opinions, thoughts and ideas on those products are 100% unbiased and honest. I did not receive monetary compensation to write this post nor did I receive monetary compensation from the company. Your thoughts & opinions may differ from my own. Please read my Terms of Service & Disclaimer Policy here on my blog for further information. All information on this blog is copyright 2009-2011, all rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)