Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Scrapbooking | Toddler Girl Mommy and Me Scrapbook Layout Idea

On July 4th our daughter and our little grand daughter came up to have breakfast with us at our house. The two of them were sitting on one of our bean bag chairs looking at the wee one's new Barbie sticker book that I just gave to her. It was the perfect opportunity for me to snap a new photo of them together and to scrapbook that memory. I did this layout in the 12x12 format.

My background is a bubble gum pink textured piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper. I took a coordinating sheet of printed scrapbooking paper and tore a section off of it on the diagonal. I then chalked the torn edge in a dark bubble gum pink and glued the piece of paper down the right side of my layout. I then chalked 2 hearts onto the printed section along the right edge as I wanted those hearts to signify the love between mother and child.

I double matted a 4x6 photo first onto yellow cardstock (leaving an 1/8" border) and then onto dark bubblegum pink cardstock (leaving a 1/4" border) and mounted that on the layout but not in the center, more off-center and to the right. I cut eight squares from peach colored scrapbooking paper and each square measures 2 1/2". I used my Cricut machine on the #1 size setting and cut the MOMMY & ME letters from dark bubble gum pink paper. I then applied adhesive and stuck the letters onto each square. I wanted to soften the edges of my letter tiles so I chalked the edges of each square with dark pink chalk and then glued them onto the page near the bottom.

To finish up my layout...I had a word sticker that said THE GIRLS on it which I matted it on peach scrapbooking paper and dark bubble gum pink scrapbooking paper and trimmed the mats so that they only had an 1/8" edge around them. I then used foam adhesive dots and stuck it onto the layout...over-lapping the left edge of the photo. I had some floral print paper which I cut out the flower that you see on the layout and matted that onto peach scrapbooking paper and hand-trimmed it so that only an 1/8" border remained. I used adhesive foam dots and stuck that in the left corner of the photo. I then used a glue dot and stuck a dark pink shiny gem into the center of the flower.

This scrapbooking layout is simple to do...but it is a little time consuming. I spent almost a full hour making it but I do like it's uncluttered look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)