Saturday, July 9, 2011

Scrapbooking | Quick and Easy Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in May of 2011 my hubby and I took our annual May vacation down to the Jersey Shore just like we have done so for the past 15+ years. We love visiting the Stone Harbor, North Wildwood and the Cape May, New Jersey area...matter of fact, North Wildwood is our FAVORITE beach in New Jersey.

Today I am sharing a beach theme'd layout that I did in the 12x12 scrapbooking format. This layout did take me 1 hour to make so there is some time involved in it.

I took a sand "printed" piece of scrapbooking paper and used that as my background and then I built some accents on top of that piece of paper. I had a sheet of paper that had an all-over sand dollar print and I ripped 1/3 of that off and glued that to the bottom 1/3 of my background page. I then had some pretty ocean blue textured cardstock that I cut three strips from using my wavy edge scissors. Two of the strips measures approximately 2" by 12" and the third strip measures about 3 1/2" by 12" in length and the third strip has a wavy edge along one side of it (used decorative edge scissors) and the other long edge on that strip I hand cut into a wider bigger wave pattern to represent the water washing up on the shoreline. I took a dauber and some silver metallic ink and inked all of my wave edges to give the appearance of seafoam from the wave action. I didn't want to use white ink because nothing on my page is white so I used the silver and I am very pleased with that choice.

I then glued the 3 strips together with a little bit of each one over-lapping the previous one and then glued them all onto my background paper to represent the ocean water. My title of the page is a Jolene's 3-D Title and it says "Vacation Bliss" and I matted that title onto sand colored cardstock and ocean blue cardstock and hand trimmed it so that an 1/8" remained around the borders. I then used glue dots to attach it to the top of my page.

I had 2 photos that I cropped down and matted them onto sand colored cardstock and ocean blue cardstock leaving 1/8" border around each mat. I then used glue dots and put them onto the page. I purchased a wooden cut-out of a large sail boat at the craft store for .35 cents and it measures about 4" tall by 3" wide and used glue dots to attach that to the page so that it looks like it is in the water.

I had a clear "This is Paradise" sticker that I mounted onto sand colored paper and then matted that with ocean blue cardstock leaving an 1/8" border and attached that to the bottom of the layout (bottom left).

I further accented the layout with 3 rub-ons (top right corner, top left corner and right corner of the photo of my hubby).

I absolutely LOVE how this layout came out. It did take me an hour to make but I am very pleased with it! These 2 photos are of myself and hubby and he was looking through one of those big telescopes at all of the ships out in the Atlantic Ocean.

No comments: