Saturday, July 16, 2011

Scrapbooking | Quick & Easy Birthday Girl Scrapbook Layout Idea

When you do your scrapbook layouts you can do quick and easy ones that don't cost a lot of money or involve a lot of time...just like the layout above! This layout was done in the 12x12 format and features my little 2 year old grand daughter and my 63 year old mother at my little grand daughter's 2nd Birthday party. For this layout...I wanted to do one that utilized items from my scrap box as my scrap pile is growing larger and I really need to use up those scraps that were left-over from other projects.

My background is a solid sheet of light pink scrapbook paper. I made a top and bottom border by using up scraps of Happy Birthday printed paper which I matted on lime green paper and trimmed it so that the lime colored border only peeked out about 1/8 of an inch. I then chalked the edges with a dark pink chalk and glued one strip to the bottom and one to the top of my page. I had 2 rectangular shaped scraps of medium pink vellum leftover from another project and decided to use those under my photos that were matted onto lime green scrapbooking paper. I left an 1/8" edge around the lime mat and then used glue dots to attach them to the top of the vellum and then attached them to my page.

I had 3 letter stickers (round shape) that I spelled out GIA and placed above the photo on the right. I had 3 word stickers that said HAPPy, PARTY and MOMENTS and I matted each one onto the medium pink vellum and trimmed them down so that only 1/8" of the vellum framed them. I then glued each one above the photo on the right. I had a fourth word sticker that said "Cherish the Moment" which I stuck onto a pink scrapbooking tag, added some pink ribbon to the tag pull and then placed it under the photo on the left.

Overall...this page took me about 30 minutes to make and I basically used leftover supplies from other scrapbooking projects. It's a great layout to use up some of those scraps you have lying around your craft room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)