Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Scrapbooking | Pappy's Girl Pink Scrapbook Layout Idea

My hubby and I absolutely love spending time with our precious 2 year old grand daughter and when we have our little play dates with her I am always snapping a few photos for my scrapbook. The layout shown above is quick, easy, inexpensive and only takes about 30 minutes to make. I did this in the 12" by 12" format.

My background is made up of 2 different sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper. The main background is a solid light pink and the accent is a light pink with dark pink flowers which I cut down to measure 5 1/2" by 12" in size and glued it vertically down the left hand side of my page. I had 2 photos I wanted to use of the wee one and I cropped them down, rounded their corners and mounted them onto dark pink solid scrapbooking paper. I left 3/16" border around all sides except for the bigger photo which I left a 1/2" border on the bottom edge of that one so I could journal under it. I used glue dots to attach them to my page as shown in the photo.

My 4 accent pieces are all chipboard pieces. I attached the flower above the right photo, the princess crown with ribbon bow above the left photo, the word "spoiled" under the left photo and an oval chipboard piece that says "The Sweet, Silent Type" near the bottom right of the page. I accented the chipboard pieces with little pink self-adhesive rhinestones and light pink and dark pink sheer ribbons to "bling" them up a bit.

I used my Cricut machine set on the 1 1/4 size setting to cut out the letters to spell Pappy's Girl from dark pink paper and then did the shadow effect and cut them out again from yellow paper. I then stacked them together and glued them onto my page as a title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)