Monday, July 25, 2011

Scrapbooking | Toddler Girl "Messy Eaters" Scrapbooking Layout Idea

A few weeks ago I made this scrapbook layout in the 12x12 format and it features my little grand daughter along with her messy chocolate face from eating a chocolate donut that her pappy bought for her. She looked so adorable with her messy chocolate face that I just had to snap a photo and scrapbook it.

My background is a solid piece of purple scrapbooking paper. I took a coordinating sheet of scrapbook paper with light lavendar polka dots and tore a piece off it that measures approximately 4" by 12" in length. I then inked the torn edge with dark purple ink and left it dry. I then attached it down the right side of my paper to serve as a border.

I decided to frame out 3 words using white plastic slide mounts so I cut 3 squares from light lavendar scrapbooking paper each measuring 2 1/2" square and placed one word sticker onto each one. I then placed each one into the plastic slide mount. I took some self-adhesive braided lavendar fibers that I had and ran those around the edge of each slide mount. I then used glue dots and placed the slide mounts onto the page (running down the left-hand side of the page).

I used a 4X6" photo of the wee one & her chocolate face as my focal point and framed in in a purple frame and then matted that onto white scrapbooking paper and trimmed it down so that only an 1/8" edge remained. I glued the framed photo onto the upper section of my layout. I then made my own journaling box out of light purple, medium purple and dark purple scrapbook papers and layered all 3 together using white eyelets in each corner and attached that under the photograph. I did my journaling on that block in my own handwriting.
I had some floral white rub-ons and used a big spray of those near the bottom right corner of the page and then a smaller spray of them near the top left over-lapping onto my photo's frame. I then applied just one white flower on the top right corner of the photo and glued a purple gemstone onto the center of the flower. I used little white rub-on words under the photo (on the purple photo mat) that say YOU MAKE ME HAPPY as the wee one was soooo HAPPY to have that chocolate donut that pappy got for her!

This page did take me some time to make...I am guessing an hour or so...but I am really pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)