Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scrapbooking With Supplies Purchased From The Dollar Store!

When it comes to scrapbooking you don't have to spend a lot of money or time when it comes to making nice pages for your scrapbooks. Here in our local area...many of our Dollar Stores have a craft section with $1.00 scrapbooking supplies. A few weeks ago I purchased some of those Dollar Store supplies to see if I could make nice pages with just using items I purchased at their store.

On that particular shopping trip I purchased at the Dollar Store: package of 3 glue sticks, 1 roll of pink ric-rack ribbon, 3 packages of 12x12 scrapbooking paper and each package had 5 sheets inside it, a package of chipboard embellishments and a glue pen. Here is how I used all of those supplies.

My background is a light pink piece of scrapbook paper and on top of that I cut down a sheet of black scrapbook paper that had pink and white flowers on it and glued it down on top in the center. I then took the glue pen and glued the pink ric-rack around all four edges of the black scrapbooking paper to add some texture and interest to the page.

I used a solid sheet of pink scrapbooking to mat both of my photos and trimmed the mat down so that only 3/16" remained. I did decide to round the corners on the photos and the mats. I then cut out a rectangle measuring 2" by 6" and glued the three round chipboard pieces onto that. (They match the printed paper that I used on the background). I took a fine tip black marker and did some hand stitching around the edges of that rectangle as it looked too plain without the hand stitching and then glued that onto my page.

I did use my Cricut machine to cut out the letters YOU & ME from pink scrapbook paper and then glued them to the page using the glue stick. I finished up by using the square shaped chipboard piece that says YOU & ME on it by gluing it under the bottom photo.

Everything used on this layout was purchased at the Dollar Store so don't think that Scrapbooking is expensive...it can be done on the "cheap" and you can do nice pages by purchasing supplies from your local Dollar Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)