Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scrapbooking | Quick and Easy Toddler Girl Play Date Scrapbook Layout

Back in February 2011 I got some new wooden Melissa & Doug playfood toys for the wee one and then invited the wee one up for a play date with Nanny (me). I had a lot of fun that day playing "kitchen" with her and having her make me "play food" for lunch. I think I enjoyed the play date more than she did!

I did manage to get two photos from that play date so I decided to scrapbook both of them. My background base sheet is an all-over floral print and then I took a piece of muted orange paper and cut it down to measure 2 3/4" by 12" in size and glued that down the left side of the page. I then glued orange ribbon down along the edge (where solid and printed paper meet) to add interest to the layout. I layered some pale yellow paper flowers together and placed a dark pink flower brad in the center and placed those onto my layout as shown in the photo.

I had a pre-printed sentiments block that talks about everyday memories and I cropped it down and then matted it onto yellow and then orange scrapbook paper leaving an 1/8" border around each mat. I placed that onto the layout between the two paper flowers. I cropped down two photos, mounted them onto yellow scrapbook paper leaving an 1/8" border and then mounted them onto medium pink scrapbook paper and left a 1/4" border around that mat.

I made a tab from printed cardstock and wrote the wee one's name on it and attached that to the right side of the top photo. I did my journaling on a coordinating tag and added some fiber to it for interest & texture. I had a gel sticker that says MEMORIES on it that I placed onto the page right above my journaling tag.

It took me about 35-40 minutes to make this layout and I usually don't use orange and pink together but I think the layout came out pretty cool looking and I used up some of my odds and ends that were left-over from other scrapbooking projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)