Monday, June 6, 2011

Scrapbooking: Cape May Zoo 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea #3

For the past week or so I have been sharing some Zoo theme'd layouts that I recently did after we returned from a trip down to the New Jersey Shore. While we were on vacation we spent the day at the Cape May County Zoo (near Wildwood and Cape May). You can find my previous zoo theme'd layouts by going into my scrapbooking category here on my blog.

Today's zoo layout features 3 photos I took while we were visiting their "Birds of the World" habitat. I did this layout in the 12x12 format.

My background paper is a light seafoam green color with a distressed/weathered texture. I then cut a piece of muted mauve print paper to measure 5" by 12" in length and glued that to the center of the page. I then took some 1/2" wide seafoam green grosgrain ribbon and glued that along each long edge on the mauve paper using a glue pen.

I used my Cricut Machine to cut out my letters to spell "Birds of the World" from dark olive green cardstock and used my glue pen to attach them to the top of my layout. (it's my title of the page and I used the 1 1/2 setting on my Cricut).

I had 3 photos I wanted to use and cropped them down into square shapes which I then mounted them onto dark olive green cardstock and left a 3/8" border around them. I used glue dots to attach them to the page (see photo for placement). I made my own tag via my Cricut machine on the #2 setting and cut one tag out of light seafoam green paper and then did the shadow effect and cut a second one out of dark olive green cardstock. I used a glue stick and glued them together. I attached a grosgrain ribbon through the hole and mounted that journaling tag near the bottom right of the page. I then did my journaling on the tag.

I had three tropical bird stickers and just stuck them onto my page to add intrest to my layout and to fill some space.

I think this layout turned out fabulous. I wouldn't normally of used mauve colored paper in a zoo layout but I wanted to draw a little color into my layout design.

You can find my other layouts featuring the Cape May New Jersey Zoo by visiting my Scrapbooking section here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)