Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scrapbooking: Cape May Zoo 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea #2

Today I thought I would share with all of you a scrapbooking layout I did in the 12x12 format featuring two photos I took at the Cape May County Zoo in Cape May, New Jersey. For this layout I used the beautiful colors of the peacock's feathers for my color inspiration so I went with teals, greens and browns for my colors.

My background is a sheet of medium olive green paper measuring 12x12. I then cut a strip measuring 2" by 12" long from printed light olive green paper and glued that down the left hand side of the page for my border. Using "wave" shaped decorative scissors I cut another strip that measures 3/4" by 12" in size and glued that down the border to add an additional accent.

For this layout I had two photos that I cropped down, rounded their corners and mounted them onto medium teal colored cardstock, leaving a 1/4" border along three sides and leaving a 1" border on the right side. I then attached a metallic green brad to the wide border to add accent to the photo mounts and used glue dots to attach the photos to my background paper. My title of the page is actually a Tag-a-long Tag that is in a Zoo theme and I mounted that on the bottom left of the page with glue dots and accented it with some teal fiber.

I had some zoo theme'd word stickers that were printed on brown cardstock that I mounted onto light green and medium teal colored papers, cropped them while leaving an 1/8" border around each mount. I attached those 2 word stickers to the top right on the layout. I had a THE ZOO sticker that I placed between them.

To finish up my layout I had some tiny stickers of butterflies that I placed onto the background just to add accent and in the bottom right corner I placed stickers that say SPRING 2011 in the corner.

If you have been following my craft blog for awhile now you would of noticed that I go for clean layouts, I don't like my layouts "too" busy and I think I accomplished that with this layout. Total time to make the layout was about 40 minutes or so. You can find my other layouts featuring the Cape May New Jersey Zoo by visiting my Scrapbooking section here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)