Sunday, May 22, 2011

Scrapbooking - Vintage Heritage Photos Scrapbooking Layout Idea

A few weeks ago I was going through a box in my one closet and found a pile of vintage photographs that I knew I just had to scrapbook. These 2 photos shown in this layout are from 1989 of my great aunt and great uncle. (my uncle is now deceased). My great aunt and uncle were celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary and we held a family party for them to celebrate the accomplishment.

I scrapbooked the photos in the 12x12 page layout. My background is a solid piece of light blue scrapbooking pager. I then took another piece of 12x12 scrapbooking paper and cropped 2 1/2" off the top and 2 1/2" off one side to make it square shaped. This sheet of paper has printed words on it like heritage, memories, family, etc and it is a very light print, you can't see the wording too well in the photograph above. I mounted that to my light blue paper. I then used my liquid glue pen and glued blue rick rack ribbon around all 4 edges of that paper to add interest to the page. At the very bottom of the page I used 3 word stickers, one says Heritage, one says Family and the final one says Memories. I slightly cropped my 2 photos and rounded their corners and then mounted them to the page using glue dots.

I used two 3-D embellishments from Out Spoken (tm) to accent the page. One of the embellishments says SUCCESS STORY and has rhinestones on it (top right) and one says PROUD FAMILY (bottom left). I used 2 clear back sticker words right above and right below the bottom embellishment that says Inseparable and By Your Side.

Thankfully I remember a lot of the details about the party and did my journaling on the back of the page because I wanted the layout to be all about them. The page took me about 40 minutes to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)