Monday, May 16, 2011

Scrapbooking ~ "Silly Girl" Scrapbooking Layout in Blues and Greens

I made this layout a few weeks ago for my daughter's scrapbook and it features photo's of my little grand daughter when we took her out to lunch at Chili's. She had a grand old time being silly so I just had to capture those "silly times" for our scrapbooks. I did this layout in the 12x12 format and in medium green, olive green and blue color scheme. I normally do not combine those colors together but my daughter specifically picked out those papers.

The base is a solid light blue piece of scrapbook paper. I then cut the striped paper in 1/2 and ran that across the bottom of the blue paper. I cropped all 4 photos down to the same size. From medium green textured paper I cut a strip that measures 5" wide by 12" long and ran that down the left edge of the layout to serve as the 'frame' for 3 of the photos. I then mounted the 3 photos onto the strip using glue dots. I had olive green ribbon that has white stitching running down the center and cut 2 pieces from ribbon that each measure 12" long. I ran one across the edge of the striped paper and one along the edge of the medium green paper as shown in the photo to add dimension and interest to the layout. Underneath the bottom photo on the green strip is a word sticker that says "good times". I mounted the 4th photo onto medium green paper and left a 1/4" border and mounted that onto the page (in the striped section). Underneath that is my small journaling tag where I wrote about Gia being silly while out to lunch and placed the tag under the photo using 2 tiny blue brads.

I used my Cricut to make my page title and I used the 1 1/2 size setting to cut out the letters SILLY GIRL from medium green paper and then used the shadow effect and cut the letters out again from dark olive green paper. Using my glue pen I glued the letters together and then mounted them on my page. Using my Cricut I cut out a flower from medium green paper and then did the shadow effect from dark olive green paper and used a blue brad to attach that to my layout. Over all, I think it came out pretty good for the colors my daughter chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)