Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Scrapbooking: Easy Cape May Zoo Scrapbook Layout #1

Two weeks ago my hubby and I went on vacation down to the Jersey Shore and we visit the Cape May County Zoo. While spending an afternoon at the zoo, I was able to get a lot of nice pictures of various animals who live there. When I scrapbook zoo pictures I like to work in warm neutral tones so that is the color palate I decided to work with today. Over the next few days, I will be sharing more zoo scrapbooking layouts with you.

I did the above layout in the 12x12 format and I used 2 sheets of paper for my background. The bottom sheet (background paper) is done in a neutral brown color with a wood grain pattern. I thought it reminded me of the wooden cages and bridges that we walked on at the zoo. I then took a mottled animal print paper and cut off 1/3 of it so that only 2/3 of it remained. I glued this piece down onto my wood grain paper leaving about 4" at the top exposed and about 1" at the bottom exposed. I had some pretty varigated printed fiber that measures 1/2" wide that I lined the edges with using a glue pen. That fiber looks like a muted animal print.

For my title I used a Tag-A-Long (tm) sticker tag that says ZOO on it and used the same fiber that I trimmed the papper with to make a bow for the tag. I had a sticker of a Zebra that I cut off the head of and I stuck it on the left side of the tag to make it look like the Zebra was peeking out from behind the tag. I had 2 photos for this layout and cropped them down into square shapes (one photo of zebra and one photo of camels) and mounted them onto black cardstock. I then trimmed the cardstock so that only 3/8" of the cardstock is framing each photo. I used glue dots to apply them onto my layout.

To finish up the layout, I used a round Tag-A-Long (tm) sticker with various animal footprints on it at the bottom and tied some fiber through the top. I then had 3 other stickers that I used on the layout (top right) and they say: "Don't Feed The Animals", "Wild Animals" and "Safari" since we were in the safari section of the Zoo. I did my journaling on a matching page to this one on a journaling block. It is almost identical to this page but with a different title and 2 different photos. This page took me around 35-40 minutes to make.

Overall, I am really pleased at how this layout turned out. I love working in netural and earthy tones and this layout certainly reflects that. You can find more layouts I did featuring photos I took at the Cape May County, New Jersey Zoo by visiting the scrapbooking section here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)