Thursday, March 10, 2011

Scrapbooking ~ Mommy and Me Scrapbook Layout in Purple Color Tones

I wanted to make a 12x12 scrapbooking layout for my daughter's scrapbook that features her and my little grand daughter and I finally got around to it a few days ago. I decided to do this layout in purple since little Gia was wearing purple that day and I think it turned out beautifully.

My background paper is a light shade of purple with a tonal swirl print. I took another sheet of purple striped paper and used wavy edge scissors and cut it down (remove 4" off each edge) and glue it across the center of my paper to add contrast. I used my Cricut machine to cut out my MOMMY and ME letters on the number 2 size Dial and used my glue pen to glue the letters onto the page. I had 2 photos which I cropped down and mounted onto dark purple cardstock, rounded the corners and left an 1/8" border and mounted them onto the center of the page using glue dots. I had a poem about being a mother that was printed on vellum and I cropped it down and framed it out with dark purple cardstock and attached that to the page (top right) with glue dots. I took a piece of white satin ribbon and tied it into a bow and used a glue dot to attach it to the poem box.

I had to cardstock words, one that says LOVE and one that says FAMILY and mounted those onto purple cardstock to frame them and then attached them to the page with glue dots. I had a dark purple 3-Dimensional flower (made out of paper) that I added a brad to the center and then glued it onto the page. I dated the layout in the bottom right corner. I didn't journal on the front of the page as I want my daughter to write about the day we spent together so I made a coordinating page with another photo and journaling block on that for her to fill out. I think this would make a great Mother's Day layout too...clean and simple!

No comments: