Saturday, March 5, 2011

Scrapbooking ~ Child's Art Work 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few weeks ago our little grand daughter was up visiting with us and her and pappy decided to get out the box of crayons and make me some new refrigerator art. They spent over an hour drawing and coloring together and I wanted to remember this special "play date" by scrapbooking one of her precious drawings that she made for me. I did this layout in the 12 x 12 format.

My background is a piece of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper done in a denim jeans print. I cropped down her original crayon drawing so that it only takes up 2/3 of my page. I then mounted it onto black cardstock, cropped it down leaving a 1/4" border and then mounted it again onto red cardstock, cropped it down leaving a 1/4" border and then mounted it onto my background paper. I had 3 hand shaped stickers in primary colors and attached them to 3 of the corners of her artwork to serve as photo corners. I had a photo of her that I cropped down so that it measures 3 1/2" by 4 1/2" in size and mounted it onto red cardstock, leaving an 1/8" border and then mounted it onto black cardstock leaving an 1/8" border and then attached it to the bottom right corner of my layout so that it over-laps her artwork. I used glue dots for this.

I had a sticker that said MY ART and placed it onto red cardstock. I then mounted this to black cardstock and cropped it down leaving an 1/8" border and mounted it under her artwork as shown in the photo using glue dots. I had a sticker of a box of crayons and I placed that onto red cardstock and cut it out leaving an 1/8" border and then mounted it onto black cardstock leaving an 1/8" border. I attached that to the bottom left of my page using glue dots. For my journaling block, I made a red crayon out of red scrapbook paper just by cutting it into a crayon shape. I then inked the edges with black ink and used a black fine tip marker to make the crayon stripes. I used a navy blue fine tip marker and did my journaling on the crayon.

I didn't want the layout to be too busy as I wanted to highlight her drawing and not a slew of embellishments. I think it came out great and it took me about 30 minutes to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)