Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Scrapbooking Baby's First Haircut 12 x 12 Scrapbooking Layout

first official haircut at a local salon back in December 2010 and I wanted to mark the event by making a scrapbook page. I did this 12 x 12 layout in yellow and blues as I love those 2 colors together.
I started used a piece of 12 x 12 yellow scrapbooking paper with small blue swirls printed on it for my background. I took a coordinating sheet that was blue with yellow swirls and cut it down until it measured 4 3/4" by 12" and glued it to the right hand side of my page. I then took 1/4" wide blue rick rack ribbon and glued that along the two edges. I used bright blue letter stickers and spelled out MY FIRST HAIR CUT and attached them to the page. I had a sheer yellow fabric pocket and placed her lock of hair inside it. I then attached a yellow ribbon bow and pink satin ribbon rose to the top center of the pocket to add interest.

I cropped down my photo of my daughter and grand daughter and attached a cardstock yellow frame to it and then mounted that onto light blue scrapbooking paper and trimmed the edges to leave a 1/4" border. I then placed it onto my page (top left). Right above my photo is a 3-D embellishment word that says MEMORIES. To the right of the photo is another 3-D embellishment that says BABY'S FIRST HAIRCUT. Underneath the photo I used stickers to spell out her first name. I then had 2 pretty 3-D embellishments that had princess and hair quotes printed on them with ribbons and brads attached and used foam dots to attach them to the page under the photo.

This layout took me approximately 40 minutes to make and I think it came out pretty. My grand daughter's favorite color right now happens to be yellow (it's the only color word that she can say so far) so the yellow layout is appropriate. I also staggered my sticker letters so that they were not spot on straight as I wanted it the wording to be more child-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)