Saturday, January 29, 2011

Beautiful 12x12 Scrapbooking Layout | Baby Girls Christening Ceremony

My little grand daughter got christened at St. Matthews Parish back in November 2010 and I just got around to scrapbooking a few pages of her Christening ceremony. This is page one that I did and it's in the 12x12 scrapbooking format. Sorry my photo's aren't fabulous but my digital camera hates photographing whites and light pastels...the flash just goes nuts!

I decided to go with pastel colors because the reception afterwards was decorated with light pink, mint green and whites...so I used those 3 colors in all of my layouts to mark the ocassion. I wanted simple and clean layouts...nothing that was too cluttery.

For this page I used a striped piece of scrapbooking paper that was done in pastel pink, mint green and white. I had some beautiful fabric lace with scalloped edges that had tiny faux white pearls that ran down the center of the lace. I cut two pieces and used my liquid glue pen to attach a strip of pearls & lace to the top and bottom of my page for borders. I love that lace! I used 2 photos for this page and cropped them down. I double matted them onto pink and then mint green cardstock, left 1/8" edges and rounded all corners. I then mounted them onto my page.
For my journaling, I made a pocket out of mint green cardstock that measures 3" by 4 1/2" and I used scalloped edged scissors for the opening edge. I then used those same scalloped edged scissors to cut out a white strip and glued that to the opening of my pocket to resemble white lace. I mounted my pocket horizontally onto the page. I cut a pink colored tag from cardstock and punched a hole at the edge and tied a sparkly bow out of ribbon thru the hole. I did my journaling on that tag and inserted it into the pocket. On the outside of the pocket I attached a 3-D embellishmet that I had which features a white sparkly heart, faux pink pearl and silvertoned wire swirl. I think my journaling pocket is adorable!
To finish up the page I added 2 embellishments to the bottom left of the page. The first one is a 3-D embellishment that features a sparkly white heart, faux pink pearl that are dangling from a silver chain. The second embellishment was a cardstock sticker that says SWEET and its on mint green paper. I mounted that to pink cardstock and trimmed it down so it had an 1/8" border. I tied a sparkly ribbon bow onto the end of the tag.


1 comment:

Joaness said...

This is so pretty!

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)