Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Scrapbooking ~ Quick and Easy Black & Pink Birthday Layout

My hubby celebrated his 49th Birthday back in October 2010 and I wanted to do a special scrapbooking page that honored his Birthday and more importantly, the special moment he shared that day with our little grand daughter Gia.

I thought about what type of design I wanted and decided to not make a manly page as Gia is totally girly! Instead, I decided to go with black, pink and white (she was wearing all of those colors) and I felt black would go good for males and pink for the girl, besides, I love black and pink together!

I decided to use a piece of white 12x12 cardstock as my base page. I then took a piece of printed paper (black with pink circles) and cut off 4" and mounted it to the center of my white cardstock. I then used my liquid scrapbooking glue and glued on pink rick rack along the long edge of the printed paper to add interest. I had 2 title stickers that I used...I added the Happy Birthday sticker to the top and the Over The Hill sticker to the bottom.

I had 2 small birthday stickers of a balloon and of a birthday hat and applied them to the top on each side of the title sticker. I used 2 photo's for the layout and cropped them down to size, rounded their corners and mounted them onto pink cardstock, rounded the corners and mounted them onto black cardstock, rounded the corners again...all while leaving an 1/8" edge.

I used my Cricut to cut out 2 balloons from cardstock and then did the shadow setting with black cardstock and attached them together along with pink satin cording for the balloon strings. I then used a black marker and wrote their names onto the balloons and used glue dots to affix them to my page. I used the Cricut to cut out a pink and black triangle for my party hat journaling block and attached a small red pom pom to the top of the hat. I had a "smile" cardstock cutout that I mounted onto black cardstock and used foam dots to attach that under the photo of my grand daughter. On the back of my layout page, I wrote in great details about the day...yes, you can journal on the back of your layouts!

As you can see, I think the layout along with the color scheme came out beautifully!

Happy Scrapbooking ~ Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)