Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cardmaking - How To Make 3 Pretty Valentine's Day Note Cards

Are you looking to make your own greeting cards for Valentine's Day? If so, I have 3 great handmade greeting card ideas to share with you. To make each of these note cards you will need just a few basic craft supplies that you can purchase at any local craft supply store. Each of these design's were made on a blank 5 1/2" by 4" card stock note card and take less than 20 minutes each to make.

Materials Needed:

5 1/2" wide by 4" high blank note cards with envelopes
2 sheets of 8 1/2" by 11" scrapbooking paper in Valentine's Day designs
1/2 sheet solid pink scrapbooking paper
1/4" by 12" long piece of pink & red print ribbon
1/2" by 5 1/2" piece of purple & pink ribbon
4 foam glue dots
sentiment rubber stamps and black or red ink pad
scalloped edge scissors and straight edge scissors
stickers and 3-d embellishments to decorate your cards
glue stick and liquid glue pen (adhesives)
cutting mat and knife

Design #1: My Heart Belongs To You (shown above)

Using a piece of patterned paper (in this case, it's a heart pattern) cut it down to measure 5 1/2" by 3 1/4" in size. Use your scalloped edge scissors to cut one long edge on the paper to make it scalloped. Cut a piece of solid pink paper to measure 5 1/2" by 1" in size. Use your scalloped edge scissors and cut on long edge on the paper to make it scalloped. Using those same scissors, cut the front long edge of your note card to make the edge scalloped. Using your glue stick, glue down the solid pink strip onto your card leaving 1/4" of the white card front showing. Use the glue stick to glue the large printed piece of paper on top, leaving 1/2" of the solid pink piece of paper showing. For this card I applied a 3-D embellishment that says Forever to the lower 2/3 of my card front. Above that I used a clear backing sticker that says "My Heart Belongs To You". I cut a piece of solid light red paper that measures 5 1/2" by 4" in size and glued that inside. I then had a rubber stamp that has a romantic saying on it and hand stamped that inside on the red paper.
Design #2: I Love You

From my patterned heart paper I cut a block that measures 5 1/2" wide by 3 3/4" high. I trimmed one long edge with the scalloped scissors and attached it to the front of the card with a glue stick. Using a liquid glue pen or glue dots, attach your choice of ribbon 1/2 way down the card running horizontally across the front. I made my own 3-D embellishment from a heart shaped I Love You sticker that I attached to red card stock and trimmed it down leaving a very tiny red edge surrounding it. I then used 4 foam dots to attach it to the front, centering it on the ribbon. I left the inside blank on this one so that I could write my own message.
Design #3: Love Hearts

From my patterned heart paper that has the printed words of LOVE and XOXO on it...I cut a block that measures 5 1/2" by 4" to completely cover my card front. I then attached the paper to the front with a glue stick. I cut my ribbon to measure 1/4" by 5 1/2" and tacked that down near the bottom edge with my liquid glue pen. I cut another piece of ribbon measuring 5" long and tied it into a bow and tacked that onto the center of the ribbon trim with a glue dot. I had 2 heart shaped 3-D embellishments made out of red and white felt that I attached to the upper right and bottom left of the card front to add accent. Using a rubber stamp and red ink, I hand stamped my sentiment inside.

This craft project, instructions, article, etc. is written by Shelly Hill, copyright 2011, All Rights Reserved. You can not reprint this information or use my photo's without my permission nor without my official author's bio. You can obtain my permission and bio by emailing me. Please see my Terms of Service Policy for email address. Thanks!

No comments: