Saturday, December 18, 2010

Scrapbooking - 2 Easy Scrapbook Layouts In Neutral Color Tones

If you have been following my blog for any length of time now...you have probably guessed that I love to scrapbook...especially now because I am a first time grandma and I always have a camera beside me to capture those precious moments of our little grand daughter.

A few weeks ago I sat down and made two 12x12 scrapbooking layouts using the same photo's for each one...one page for my book and one page for my daughters scrapbook. I decided to do these 2 pages in neutral tones and I think they came out great!

Page One: Shown Above

I decided to make this page for myself as I wanted a heritage & legacy page...after all, my daughter and grand daughter are our legacy. I used a piece of scrapbooking paper that had a print on it all in neutral tones of browns & beiges. I cropped down my 3 photos, rounded the corners, mounted them onto solid beige paper, cropped leaving an 1/8" edge, rounded the corners, mounted again onto dark brown paper, cropped leaving an 1/8" edge, rounded the corners and mounted all 3 of them onto my page. I used a chipboard piece in brown with the letter H on it to stand for the initial of our last name and mounted it onto my page. I made my own journaling block using beige & brown paper (same paper I used for my photos) and attached it to my page. I wrote about our family legacy on it. I had a epoxy sticker that says Family Are Forever and placed it at the bottom of my journaling block. At the bottom of the page I attached a pale blue gross grain ribbon using 2 metal brads. On top of that is another epoxy sticker that says Our Legacy. This page took me about 40 minutes to make.

Page Two: (above)

For this page I used the same 3 photos but just mounted them onto dark brown paper. The background paper is in a neutral floral print. I had some LOVE & FUN stickers that I used & mounted them onto dark brown paper and attached to the page between the 2 left-side photos. The title block says "Near to my Heart" was mounted onto dark brown paper and attached to the page upper right side. The bottom has a sticker also mounted onto dark brown paper that says You & Me. I gave the page to my daughter for her scrapbook and she did her journaling on the backside of the page. Yes folks...your journaling can be on the back of the page :)

Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)