Thursday, November 11, 2010

Scrapbooking - Easy Bike Riding Layouts For Your Scrapbook

This past summer we enjoyed a family vacation down to the Jersey Shore. While we were there, my hubby took our adult daughter and little grand daughter out for some bike riding on the boardwalk. We got some great photo's of them bike riding and I knew I had to scrapbook a few.

Today I am sharing with you 2 scrapbook layouts...the top one I made and the bottom one my daughter made...same two photo's just arranged differently.

Top Photo:

My color inspiration for this page was the colors of the bike which was red & yellow and I accented those two colors with light blue since G was wearing a light blue shirt.

For my background, I used a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper that was in a plaid pattern in pale yellow, orange and blue...the perfect colors for my color scheme. Using my Cricut, I cut out a tricycle and a bicycle from red cardstock on the #2 size setting. I also used the Cricut to cut out the letters BIKES from red cardstock. I slightly cropped down my 2 photos, rounded their corners, mounted them onto yellow scrapbooking paper leaving an 1/8" edge. I then mounted them onto red scrapbooking paper leaving a 1/4" edge. I did round the corners of both mats. From red and yellow scrapbooking paper, I made my own tags...you can make yours any size that you would like. I chalked around the edges of my yellow piece of paper using red chalk. I did my journaling on these 2 tags and accented the tags with a pale blue brad. I mounted my photo's onto my page leaving the right edge open (in the center) so that I could slide my journaling tags under the photos...leaving about 1 1/2" of them sticking out. As you can see in the photo, using glue dots I attached my die cut tricycle, bicycle and my word BIKES onto the right hand side of the page. This page took me less than 30 minutes to make.

Page Two: (above)

My daughter wanted to use the same color scheme as I used and the same 2 photos. She cropped her photo's into square shapes & rounded their corners. She mounted them onto yellow scrapbooking paper & rounded the corners again...leaving a 1/4" border. For her background, she used a sheet of scrapbooking paper done in a color block pattern of pale blues. She mounted her 2 photos onto the page. Using my Cricut set on the size 3 setting, she cut out a tricycle from red cardstock & mounted that to the top right of her page. From pale yellow paper she cut out a square that measures 3 1/2" by 3 1/2" and rounded the corners. She chalked the edges in red and mounted it onto red cardstock, trimming 3 edges with a 1/4" border and the bottom with a 1 1/4" border and rounded the corners. She used stickers to spell out her wording and added a pale blue square brad to the bottom of her block. She attached this to the bottom left of her page. Using my cricut set at the #1 size setting, she cut out a mini bicycle from red cardstock and placed that under her journaling block.

As you can see...same photo's, same color scheme but entirely different look to these pages.

Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)