Sunday, October 17, 2010

Scrapbooking - Easy Beach Theme'd 12x12 Layouts For Your Scrapbook


When I scrapbook vacation photo's, I prefer to scrapbook in the 12x12" format because I really like to add a lot of photo's, stickers and embellishments to my pages. With that being said, your pages don't have to be time consuming nor expensive.

I did these 2 layouts a few days ago and they are of my little grand daughter playing at an oceanfront beach playground...she loved the toddler swings! I decided to make my own backgrounds which I will explain next.

For The Background: You will need 2 sheets of light blue 12x12 scrapbooking paper, 1/4 sheet of 12x12 paper in a dark blue, 1/4 sheet of 12x12 paper in white and 1 full sheet of tan (sand) colored paper in the 12x12 size. I tore my tan paper into thirds, I tore my white paper into a 1 1/4" by 12" sized strip and I tore my dark blue paper into a 1 1/4" by 12" strip. You will want to use a glue stick and glue the upper torn edge of the white paper to the dark blue paper leaving some of the dark blue torn edge sticking out from the torn white edge of paper. You will want to apply some glue to the upper 1" edge of your torn tan (sand) paper and attach that to the white paper. This is layering 3 torn pieces of paper together. I did this to give the appearance of beach sand, white bubbles from the surf and then the darker blue is the water. (see photo). You will then want to apply glue to the entire backside of this and attach it to the bottom of your light blue piece of paper.

Page One: I used my Cricut to cut out the title "Away We Go!" from dark blue paper and glued it to the top of my page. I then cropped 4 photo's, rounded their corners, used glue dots to attach them to dark blue paper and then rounded the corners again. I placed 3 of these photo's right under my title. I left a 1/8" border around each photo. For the 4th photo, I cropped it, rounded the corners, glued it to dark blue paper, trimmed it to a 1/4" border, rounded the corners again and glued it to the middle bottom of my page. I then had some seashell stickers that I had in a dusty blue, tan and dusty orange color and glued them onto the "sandy" areas of my page. I love seeing handwriting on pages, so I wrote some words under each of the photo's. I feel it's important to let folks see your handwriting style. Pretty simple! This page took me about 35-40 minutes to make.

Page Two: The background is made just like page one using the same exact papers so that the 2 page spread will match/coordinate. I used 2 photo's for this layout, cropped them down, rounded the corners, glued them onto dark blue paper, cropped again with a 1/4" border, rounded the corners again and glued them onto my page. (see photo for placement). I rubbed on a sea-shell border to the bottom of the page. I had a sticker that says "Crazy Days of Summer" which I applied under the bottom photo. I had two 3-D embellishments, one of a sandcastle (I applied chalk to it to give it more definition) and one of a sun (with red button glued onto the center) that I applied to the bottom right of the page. I added a sea gull sticker to that to give a little beach scene. The upper right top of the page has a golden sun in the corner and a sailboat sticker. Under the top left photo I applied Glitter Stickers that say "Fun In The Sun" which I think are adorable...I must get more glitter stickers! This page took me about 35 minutes to make.

As you can see...you can make simple, attractive, inexpensive pages that don't take a lot of time to make. I think the 2 pages turned out great!


Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)