Sunday, September 5, 2010

Scrapbooking | Toddler Girl Layout Done in Shades of Pink!!!

As you can probably tell, I have been spending a lot of time the past few weeks scrapbooking! I had gotten behind on scrapping photo's of my precious little granddaughter and I am finally getting caught up! I thought it would be fun to share some of my layouts here on my crafting blog.

This layout was done in the 12 x 12 format and done in various shades of pink! Little Gia was wearing horizontal striped pink leggings (various shades of pink) and a pink shirt with pink polka dots so I used those 2 pieces of clothing as my pattern and color inspiration in this layout.

Background: I took a piece of pink striped paper and cut it down to measure 5" by 12" and glued it to the center of my solid bubblegum pink paper. I then took a piece of pink polka dot paper and cut it down to 1/4" by 12" strips (made 2 strips) and glued those strips on the edges of the striped paper (see photo). By doing this, I have incorporated both her shirt & pants pattern/colors into my layout.

Across the top of my page I placed a border sticker that is in pink and white that says Precious Memories, Cherished Thoughts which I think is appropriate :) On the bottom solid pink portion of my layout I used some hot pink self adhesive mesh and cut it into a strip that measures 3" by 12" and tacked it down. I did this to add texture & interest to the bottom of my layout.

I had 3 photos which I cropped, rounded the corners, mounted them onto dark hot pink paper, rounded the corners again and glued them onto my layout (see photo for placement). For my journaling block, I cut from dark hot pink paper a rectangle that measures 3" wide by 4" high and rounded the corners. From light pink paper I cut a rectangle that measures slightly smaller and glued that on top. I then did my journaling & dated it. I took a piece of light pink vellum and cut it to the same size as the dark pink rectangle and rounded the corners. I used 3 hot pink staples and attached it to my journaling block. At the top of my journaling block is a pink sheer ribbon bow that is accented with a hot pink rhinestone.


I think this layout turned out fabulous...very girly and it matches little Gia's outfit that she was wearing!

Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)