Friday, September 3, 2010

Primitive Country Halloween Stitchery Pillow

I made this pillow several months ago for a dear friend of mine who loves decorating her home in the Primitive and Country Style. It took me only 2 days to make (one for the stitchery and a second day for the machine sewing).

Primitive Country Halloween Stitched Toss Pillow

Here is what you will need:

Simple Pattern From a Halloween Coloring Book
Cotton Embroidery Floss
12" by 12" piece of Tea or Coffee Dyed Cotton Muslin Fabric
1/2 yard Cotton Homespun Fabric (I used green)
Sewing Machine and Basic Sewing Supplies
Pillow Form or Fiber-Fill Stuffing
Scissors
Disappearing Ink Pen

Pattern: I purchased a child's Halloween theme coloring book. I found this cute ghost pattern in it and transfered it to my muslin fabric using a disappearing ink pen after I shrunk the pattern by 25% in my scanner.

Hand Stitching: I used two strands of cotton embroidery floss for all of my hand stitching in the colors I preferred. You can use any colors to accent the design that you choose. I then hand drew my own candy corns and the words Happy Halloween and stitched them.

Machine Sewing: From green homespun fabric, I cut four strips that measure 2" wide by the length of my muslin fabric and sewed them onto my muslin panel for a border. Then I measured my front panel and cut a back panel from homespun fabric. Using my sewing machine, I attached the front and back panel together, leaving 1/2 of the bottom unsewn. I then inserted my pillow form and finished closing up the pillow by using a blind hand stitch.


Pretty simple and easy!

~ Happy Crafting ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)