Sunday, May 23, 2010

Easy Beach Boardwalk Fun Scrapbooking Layout

I just love to scrapbook and could scrapbook every day for the rest of my life!!! Anyway, I am working on getting our vacation pictures scrapbooked for last summer and it is taking me awhile. When I scrapbook, you will often find my mom scrapbooking right along with me. We both have 2 different styles when we scrapbook so its always fun to see what we come up with.

Today I thought I would share a page I made a few days ago. One this particular page, I used 3 photos of my daughter, her boyfriend and my grand baby when we took them down to the beach for vacation last year. These photos were taken while we all were out on the boardwalk shopping and/or eating. Oh yeah...mom is also in one of the photos and she is holding my grand daughter :)

I started out with my background first and used a 12x12 piece of white cardstock for my base. I decided to work with a pink and turquoise color scheme since my little grand baby was wearing turquoise in one photo and has a pink jacket on in another. To accent my background, I ripped 2 pieces of paper (pink and turquoise) on the diagonal and glued them down onto my white piece of cardstock. (see photo). After that, I cropped down my 3 photos, rounded their corners, mounted them onto black cardstock and rounded the corners again, then mounted them onto turquoise or pink cardstock, rounded the corners and then attached them to my page. Using my computer, I printed out my journaling block which just simply says "Enjoying the Boardwalk in Wildwood NJ" and then rounded the corners and mounted it onto pink paper. I attached that right above the top photo on the right. I had 2 seashells leftover from a K&Co rub-on pack and rubbed them onto my page. I had a felt and beaded starfish from another embellishment pack and put that onto my page under one of my photos on the left. I used my Cricut (tm) and cut out the word BOARDWALK and used that for my title down the left hand side of my page. This layout took me approximately 30 minutes to make.

As you can see...its a fast, easy and frugal scrapbooking page. I like it because its clean looking...I am not into big fancy and over-crowded pages.

Now my mother made a page using 2 of the photos that I had used. As you can see by looking at the picture below...her page is super quick and easy...not much to it which is how she likes to scrapbook LOL!


As you can see...entirely two different styles with these layouts. You can do a super quick and easy one like my mother or you can do one that is also quick but takes a few minutes longer like the one I did.

Happy Scrapbooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)