Thursday, May 20, 2010

Easy Beach Vacation Scrapbooking Layouts


My mother and I both love to scrapbook and spend time together. Last fall, we took my mother with us on a family vacation down to the Jersey Shore. When it comes to scrapbooking, my mom is all about simple, frugal and quick pages...she doesn't like to spend more than 20-30 minutes on a page and her pages are all simple. I on the other hand will make simple, moderate and very elaborate pages depending on my mood and how much time I have to spend scrapbooking that particular day.

On this day...we decided to both scrapbook the same pictures...just do so in our own individual way. I will start off with the page that I made.


I had 3 photo's of my mom walking the beach that I had taken on vacation so decided to use all 3 of those in my layout. I cropped them down and rounded their corners and then mounted them on medium blue paper. I took a piece of 12x12 white cardstock to use as my background and then ripped a piece of khaki colored cardstock to make my bottom boarder (I wanted it to resemble sand). I took a piece of ocean blue 12x12 scrapbooking paper and ripped that. I glued the khaki and the blue papers down toward the bottom of my layout to resemble sand and ocean water. I then took a piece of blue wavy rick-rack and stapled that along the upper edge of my blue paper. I felt this gave a 'wave' impression to it. I then mounted my 3 photos into place. I used my Cricut to cut out a sandcastle and then chalked the edges and the flags to give it more defination. I then glued it onto my page and used brown chalk along the bottom edge (on the paper) to resemble a ripple in the sand. I had some vacation theme'd K&Co (tm) Rub-ons and rubbed on the Souvenir wording between 2 of the photo's, the little flip-flops and red lobster were rubbed on down near the sandcastle embellishment. I had a 3-D embellishment left-over from another project that says "Vacation" and attached that for my title.


The above photo is the page aka layout that my mother did. As you can see, hers is much simplier than the one that I made. She used a 12x12 piece of white cardstock for her background. She used the same 3 photo's that I used, cropped them, rounded the corners and mounted them onto ocean blue colored paper and rounded the corners again. She then placed them onto her background. She used my Cricut (tm) and cut out a sandcastle, some blue beach waves (for her title) and 4 little green fishes. She chalked the edges of her blue waves and used a marker and wrote on them "Beach Walk" and attached it to the bottom of her page. She chalked all edges of her fish with a darker green and used a black marker to make eyes. She attached 2 fishes down near her title and 2 more up near the top of her page. In the right corner of her page she used chalks to make a little background for her sandcastle...looks like sand and a blue sky. She chalked that directly onto her background paper. She then chalked her edges of the sandcastle and mounted the sandcastle on top of her chalked background. (I think that was pretty nifty). She had 3 stickers left over from another project that say Stroll, Beach and Beach Bum and mounted them near her 3 photos. This page took her less than 30 minutes to make.

We always enjoy scrapbooking together!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)