Thursday, April 29, 2010

Easy To Make Felt Easter Cookies For Girls Playfood Sets

Last week I decided to make some felt Easter Theme'd play food cookies for my grand daughters kitchen play food set and this is what I came up with. They were really easy to make and worked up quickly. Yes...I know Easter has come and gone but I was sick at Easter time so I am just now posting this!

Felt Easter Egg Sugar Cookie

Vanilla colored felt
Striped piece of fleece
Vanilla colored embroidery floss
Sewing Needle and Scissors
Oval Paper Pattern Measuring 4 3/4" long by 3 1/4" wide

Using your paper pattern, cut out 2 ovals from vanilla colored felt. Using the same pattern, cut out an oval shape from striped fleece. Once you have the fleece oval cut out, trim off a 1/4" from all sides so that its now smaller than your vanilla colored felt ovals. Using 2 strands of vanilla colored floss, whip stitch the fleece oval to one of your vanilla colored ovals. Next, whip stitch the 2 vanilla colored ovals together. Optional: You can insert a tad of stuffing if you would like, I chose not to do that as I wanted flat cookies.

Felt Easter Cross Cookie

Dark brown and vanilla colored felt
Tiny dark brown seed beads
Vanilla & Dark Brown embroidery floss
Paper Cross Patter that measures 4" tall by 3" wide
Scissors and sewing needle

Use your paper pattern to cut out 2 dark brown crosses and then cut out 1 cross from vanilla colored felt. Once you have the vanilla one cut out, trim off 1/4" from all sides so that it is now smaller than your dark brown crosses. Using 2 strands of vanilla colored floss, hand sew the seed beads onto the vanilla colored cross. Then hand sew the vanilla cross onto the top of one of your dark brown crosses. Using 2 strands of dark brown floss, sew both of your dark brown crosses together by using a whip stitch or a blanket stitch.

Felt Easter Carrot Cookie

Orange and green felt
Orange and green embroidery floss
Scissors and sewing needle
Hand-drawn carrot paper pattern

Note: I just free-handed a carrot shape onto paper and then used that as a pattern. My measures 5 1/4" long and then my green stem measures 1 3/4" tall.

Cut out your pattern from the appropriate colored felts (see photo). Using 2 strands of green floss, I stitched my leafy top together. I then placed my 2 orange carrot pieces together and used 2 strands of orange floss to stitch them together by starting at the left top corner, working down and back up the other side. Before I stitched the top shut, I inserted my leafy top and then stitched the top shut so that it would hold the leafy stem in place.

Felt Easter Pink Peep Cookie

Pink Felt
Pink and dark brown embroidery floss
Scissors and sewing needle
Pattern: Buy some Peeps (tm) and trace one for your pattern onto paper.

Cut your bunny PEEP (tm) pattern out of pink felt, you will need 2 of them...a front and a back. Using 3 strands of dark brown embroidery floss, make 2 french knots for his eyes and his nose, then fasten off. Using 2 strands of pink embroidery floss, hand stitch the front to the back using whip or blanket stitches. Super Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)