Tuesday, January 26, 2010

FREE and EASY To Make Tooth Fairy Pillow Pattern

Now that I am a first time grandma to an 8 month old baby girl...I knew there would come a time that we would need a tooth fairy pillow. After searching online, I found a free pattern over on the About.Com web site.

You can make it as fancy as you would like by adding lace, rick-rack trim or even embroidering on the front of your pillow. However, I wanted a simple clean look to mine so I just used the pattern shape and chose to make mine out of white cotton terry cloth. It took me less than 30 minutes to make the pillow for my grand daughter. Now that its done, I am going to go out and purchase an iron-on applique with her first name initial and iron that onto the front...but for now, you can see the pillow in the picture up above. I love that it has a little pocket on the front where you can place the tooth and then leave your "fairy" money inside.

~ Happy Sewing ~

No comments: