Monday, January 25, 2010

Easy Felt Pieced Snowman Holiday Ornaments


Even though the holidays for 2009 are officially over, I still like to spend some of my crafting time making holiday ornaments for next years packages. Yes that is right folks...I love to craft for the holidays all year long. I have a habit of attaching handcrafted ornaments to every holiday package that I wrap, so I need to work on ornaments often.

During the summer, I found a vintage craft magazine at my local thrift store for .10 cents and purchased it...it features 18 snowmen craft projects inside. The name of the magazine is CRAFTS and it's the November 2003 issue. (hopefully you can find one on the secondary market). If not, I think you can look at the photo's of my completed projects and perhaps create your own pattern.

On page 70 of the magazine is a project on how to make felt applique snowmen and then attach them to your homemade holiday card fronts. I decided to use their felt applque snowman pattern and turn them into tree ornaments/package toppers. I think they are sooo cute that I am now going to make a few for my holiday cards and scrapbook layouts. The pattern shows 3 different ways to decorate them...one with a stocking cap, one with a top hat and one with no jacket.

Each one is completely handsewn and pieced together and made from craft felt. It took me about an hour to make each one...so far I have made 9 of them.


~ Happy Crafting ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)