Friday, December 4, 2009

Scrapbooking Layout - Easy and Quick Pregnancy Page

When it comes to scrapbooking, I enjoy making simple and quick pages and I also enjoy the elaborate and time consuming pages. What dictates my layouts? Time!

Our daughter finally made us grand parents back in May 2009...we are now blessed with our first grandbaby which happens to be a little baby girl. I took a slew of pregnancy pictures of my daughter so that I could document her first pregnancy. We knew when she was 4 months along that she was having a baby girl so a lot of the pages I have made are in a girl theme.

For this layout...I wanted it to be simple, clean and done in a baby girl theme.

I used several items that I purchased from Paper Wishes.

Here is what I used to make this quick and easy 12x12 page.

1 Sheet 12x12 paper in yellow and pink (Paper Wishes)
pink cardstock (for matting my photos)
Pregnancy Embellishments (Paper Wishes)
Glue Stick, Glue Dots, Foam Glue Dots
Pregnancy Rub-ons (Word - Expecting)
miscellaneous stickers and ribbons
corner punch

I cropped down my photographs into long rectangles as in both photo's my daughter is standing and showing off her growing belly. I rounded off the corners on my photos using a corner punch. I mounted the photos on pink cardstock and then rounded the corners again.

The title of my scrapbook page is "My Girl Is Expecting". I used the MY GIRL words from an embellishment pack I purchased from Paper Wishes. The IS EXPECTING are rub-ons I got from a rub-on pack. (can't remember who made it) I accented my title with 2 embellishments from Paper Wishes (pink satin ribbon bows with dark pink rhinestone accents). All of these is at the top of my scrapbooking page and I purposely off-centered it to add interest.

Next, I put on my 2 photographs. Under each photo is rub-on words which say 4 Months and 5 Months (to represent her belly growth). They are tiny rub-on words which I liked because they don't jump out at you on the page. I was going for a clean and simple layout.

Centered under that is a "Baby On Board" pink sticker that I had left-over from another project.

Towards the bottom of the page (in the pink area) is a pink ribbon with rhinestones from Paper Wishes. I mounted the words "It's A Girl" onto yellow cardstock and pink cardstock (double matted) and rounded the corners and attached it to the page with foam dots.

I wanted to showcase some of her belly growth (I took pics of her belly every 3-4 weeks for her entire pregancy. Between these 2 photos is when we found out that it was a baby girl so I wanted to document those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)