Friday, December 4, 2009

Free Rag Quilting Table Runner Pattern


A few years ago I learnt how to do rag quilting and I have been doing it ever since. I have rag quilts, throws, pillows, table runners and even a ragged denim rug that decorate different areas of my home.

Rag quilting is a great way for beginners to try their hand at quilting. This method of quilting is rather easy and your projects work up quickly. I was able to make a table runner in 2 days.

You can find free patterns and instructions on how to do rag quilting and rag quilted table runners by visiting the Love To Sew Web Site.

I made my table runner (shown in the photos) by following their Raggedy Quilt Table Runner Pattern. I chose to use all green, dark teal, dark red and red patterned fabrics in my table runner and all of the fabrics I used are cotton calicos...as they fray and fringe easily. I used Warm & Natural cotton batting as my quilt 'filler'.

There is no right or wrong side to a rag quilt. One side will show your exposed frayed rag seams and the other side looks like a traditional quilt. This is why I love rag quilts...you can reverse them and they still look beautiful.

The photo below shows the 'raggedy' side with exposed frayed seams.


The last photo below shows the traditional quilted side of my table runner.


I made up a dozen of these to use around my house and I also gave several of them away as holiday gifts. I am going to make up several more and use some holiday print fabrics and colors and then use those runners around the various other holidays throughout the year. Example: Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, Patriotic, Halloween and Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)