Friday, December 11, 2009

FREE Primitive Muslin Snowman Ornament Pattern


If you are looking for some free primitive patterns to make raggedy annie dolls and some holiday Christmas ornaments, you need to check out the free patterns offered by Sherry over on the Annies Cupboards Web Site ---> HERE

I recently downloaded and printed out the Christmas Snowman and Elf Ornie Pattern designed by Sherry and used her pattern and idea to make a snowman ornament for our Christmas Tree. However, Instead of stitching the facial features, I did a simple painting design.

I used acrylic paints and painted on his black top hat and then used 2 coats of white acrylic paint for his head. I hand painted on his black eyes and mouth using the end of my paint brush dipped into paint (just dotted them on) and handpainted a carrot shaped nose using orange acrylic paint. I finished up my ornie by tying a piece of jute around his hat. I think he turned out cute even though I decided to paint my features on instead of doing the handstitching like she shows in her pattern. I used muslin and a little poly-fill for my ornie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)