Friday, December 11, 2009

Primitive Stitches - Special Friends Primitive Pillow


When it comes to purchasing primitive stitchery patterns, I love to buy mine from Primitive Stitches as there is such a variety of patterns available. Plus...they are super affordable and delivered to your email box in just a few hours for you to print off.

Back in September, I purchased the 'Impossible To Forget Friendship Saying" pattern and stitched it up and then turned it into a throw pillow. I am going to give this as a holiday gift to my best friend Renee this year for Christmas as she loves decorating in the country and primitive style. You can find that particular pattern in Every Day Pattern Section of Rhonda's web site  E-Patterns are very affordable, only $2.25 each!

I stitched the design onto tea-stained cotton muslin using DMC embroidery floss. I purchased an oblong travel-size pillow form at my local craft supply store and used that as my filler. The backside of my pillow is navy blue check homespun fabric. It took me 2 days...one day for my handstitching and then the second day for my machine sewing/pillow construction.

I think my BFF Renee will just love getting this pillow come Christmas!

NOTE: I was not compensated in any way for this pattern review. I personally purchased the pattern from Primitive Stitches so my pattern review is honest and unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)