Thursday, December 3, 2009

FREE Crochet Cupcake Pattern - Play Food Fun!

As part of my continuing series on how to make faux food items for your little girls kitchen play set...I came across this free online crochet pattern to make your very own 'real-size' cupcakes! (sorry, the website owner who had the pattern online removed her site so I have removed the link from my post).Above is a photo of their tops which I hand sewn on some seed beads to represent some sprinkles.

Last weekend, I decided to make a few cupcakes for my grand daughters faux food collection that I will be giving her when I buy her first kitchen play set in 2 years (she is only 6 months old at the moment LOL) and I made a few extra ones for my neighbor who is also giving them to her daughter who is 5 years old.

Her pattern uses a size G crochet hook...however, if you use a little smaller hook, your cupcake will come out a little smaller which is perfect for little hands. I decided to use a size F crochet hook. These cupcakes are really easy to crochet and great for a beginner.

Crochet Stitches Used: HDC (half double crochet), SC (single crochet), DC (double crochet) which are basic crochet stitches.

Head on over to her web site to grab your free pattern! (sorry, the pattern maker has removed her free pattern and is now selling it on Etsy). Sorry guys! Once you make one, you will want to make a baker's dozen.

You can find more patterns to make faux play food by checking out my Faux Food Label here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)