Saturday, December 10, 2016

DIY Rock Painting - Christmas Snowman

DIY Rock Painting - Christmas Snowman
I am the first one to admit...I'm not great at decorative painting although I enjoy doing it. I find decorative painting to be a great way to de-stress, relax and a way to be creative. When it comes to painting, I'm all about the quick and easy projects that anyone can do...regardless of talent.

With the Christmas holiday coming, I wanted to share a quick & easy painting project with all of you today. You can do any holiday design that you want...I chose to paint snowmen as they're easy to do. Here is what you'll need to make your own DIY Handpainted Snowmen on Rocks.

DIY Rock Painting - Christmas Snowman 

Square-Shaped Rocks 2 1/2 to 3 1/2" in Size
Acrylic Paints
Fine Line Paint Brush
Medium Paint Brush
Clear Acrylic Sealer (comes in a spray can)
Old Plastic Place Mat
Paper Towels
Plastic Lid
Water Bowl
DIY Rock Painting - Christmas Snowman

Find some square-shaped or rectangular-shaped rocks. Wash and dry them. Once dry you'll want to paint them a solid black color for your background. Let it dry completely. Next, you'll want to paint your design. I chose to do an easy snowman design. Once my snowman was dry, I added his facial features, scarf, hat and twig arms. I left him dry for a few more hours. I then took my rocks outside and placed them onto an old plastic place mat. Spray one side of the rock with clear acrylic sealer. Let dry for several hours. Flip your rocks over and spray the other side with the sealer and let dry overnight. By spraying them with the sealer, you're protecting your newly painted design.

Once they're done drying you can place them on a shelf, your mantle or any little place that needs a little decoration. I like seeing several of them grouped together on a shelf in different holiday designs. The one I'm featuring today reminds me of a piece of black coal with a snowman design on it since I sprayed the rock with a glossy finish to make it shiny. I think it turned out really cute and super simple to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)