Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Scrapbooking - A Hole in One Mini Golf Layout Idea

As a family, we love to get out a few times every year to play miniature golf. Matter of fact, every time we travel...we look for a mini golf course nearby. It's a lot of fun and a great way to bond together as a family and a game that both adults & the kids enjoy.

About 6 weeks ago we took our 7 year old granddaughter out to play miniature golf and to remember our fun day...I whipped up 3 scrapbook pages that are full of photos from our day. Here's one of the mini golf pages that I made.

* Note: I'm a traditional scrapbooker so all my layouts are done in the 12" by 12" size. No digital layouts here!

My background is a sheet of olive green textured cardstock. I had a piece of muted sponge-texture green & brown colored scrapbook paper that I cut down into: A block measuring 5" by 3 1/2" in size and then I cut 2 1/2" squares from it and cut those in half to make the zig-zag pattern running across the top of the page. The block is used underneath the photo mat to add accent and so that I had something to mount the one photo onto (me putting the ball on the right side of the page).

I used three other photos (2 horizontal and 1 vertical) and slightly cropped them down. I then matted them onto one big block of light olive green cardstock. I left a 3/16" mat edge. I then cut from light green a journaling square and inked around the edges in chocolate brown. I matted it onto a dark berry piece of cardstock and inked around the edges again. I added a clear adhesive word sticker to the top of the journaling block that says SCORE! and did the journaling in my own handwriting. Underneath the photo block are 4 small number stickers for the year.

To the right of the photo block you'll see 3 clear adhesive word stickers: Good Times, Fun Day, Play Time!. Also accenting the right side of the page are 2 brown chip board tags and I added a dark berry colored brad to each one & attached them to the page for textural interest. Underneath is a silvertoned metal brad with a flower on it.

I used my Cricut cartridge "Everyday Fonts"  and the F3 font to cut out the letters HOLE in ONE from berry colored cardstock. I inked around the edges of each letter with chocolate brown distressing ink. I ran each one through my Xyron and then added them to the page for my page title.

Note: Double Click on each image in this post & it will automatically open up in a new window & in an enlarged size so that you can see the smaller details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)