Sunday, July 31, 2016

Autumn - Fall Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

Last Fall we took both of our grandchildren to a local farm for some fun autumn festivities. My grandson was only 5 weeks old, so he didn't get to participate, but he was there. My granddaughter who was 6 1/2 years old got to climb hay bales, go through corn mazes, go on a hayride, drive a tractor, feed some of the animals on the farm and so forth.

This 12x12" scrapbooking page features two 4x6" photos that I took that day. These 2 photos turned out so pretty and I wanted them to be the main focus on the page, so I opted to keep my papers, colors and embellishments simple, so that they didn't distract from the photographs.

My background is a sheet of chocolate brown cardstock. Layered on top is a sheet of printed scrapbooking paper done with a distressed texture and a muted print in shades of brown, dark red, dark orange and dark yellow on a teal green background. I cut that down to measure 11" square, so that you can see the chocolate brown cardstock peeking out on all four sides.

Each of the two photos are matted onto dark orange and chocolate brown cardstock with an 1/8" border around each mat. I had a piece of printed paper that had an all-over fall leaf pattern on it and decided to use my small & sharp scissors to cut around 2 large leaves and 2 smaller leaves. I then took a glue stick and glued them onto my background as you see in the photo. The two smaller leaves stick out onto a little bit of the brown cardstock to add dimension and all 4 of them are peeking out from underneath the photos

To finish up, I decided to use small clear alpha sticker letters to spell out words to describe that Fall & Autumn fun day, instead of doing a journaling block or tag which I thought would distract from the two beautiful photos of my grandchildren. I simply spelled out both of their names, the date and a few other words related to Fall and placed those words around the page.

Overall, I love how simple this page is. Because I opted to go with simple embellishments, no journaling block and no page title, those two photos of my grandchildren are the main focus of the page! Yipppee! I accomplished what I wanted!

Note: All photos in this blog post are clickable. Click on each one and it will open up automatically in a new browsing window and in an enlarged size. This will allow you to see all of the smaller details up close. You can find additional scrapbooking page layouts & ideas right here on my crafting blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)