Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Day at the Beach Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

I am a traditional scrapbooker and not into digital scrapbooking at all. I love the feel of paper in my hands and all of the embellishments that I can make on my own. I love to sit down for hours in my craft room and just create with the materials that I have on hand.

Last year we went on vacation to the Jersey Shore and spent a wonderful week at the beach. During that trip we had some nice photos taken of us on the beach and I finally got around to scrapbooking a few of them.

My background is a sheet of 12 x 12 printed cardstock done in a very light wood grain pattern. I thought it was perfect before of the wood railings my hubby and I were standing against for the photos. The sheet also has 5 glitter printed horizontal stripes in pink, yellow, lime green, brown and sea blue so I turned the sheet so the striping was towards the bottom.

I slightly cropped down 4 photos for this layout. The photo on the left was matted onto turquoise and pink floral printed paper. The inner mat has a 3/16" border and the outer mat has a 1/8" border. The three remaining photos were matted in a strip style onto the same papers with same mat dimensions.

I used a Jolee's 3-D title sticker that says "Vacation Bliss" at the top of the layout, above the photo on the left. I added a vellum sticker that says "SeaShells" underneath the left photo using glue dots. Underneath that I added three 3-dimensional seashell embellishments which have tiny little pearls on them in muted shades of brown, tan and spice orange.

To finish up this beach scrapbooking layout I added a cardstock pre-printed border along the bottom edge that says "Day At The Beach" and has a sand bucket & shovel printed on it. I had it overlap onto the bottom photo slightly which I think looks nice.

I decided to skip journaling on this page and did it on a coordinating page that I am still working on as I publish this post. I don't like my layouts having too much clutter on them with embellishments as I think it takes away from the pretty photos you are adding. I am pleased at how this page turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)