Thursday, November 20, 2014

Quick and Easy Christmas Scrapbooking Layout Idea

It is hard to believe but another Christmas holiday is quickly approaching and I am still scrapbooking my photos from 2013. I guess I really need to pick up the pace and get caught up so I am ready for Christmas 2014.

Last week I sat down and made this really quick and easy Christmas Scrapbook Layout which took me less than 1 hour to make. Plus, I had all of the supplies on-hand and left-over from previous layouts that I had made. I guess you could say, it is a "frugal" layout and great for beginners.

My background is one sheet of holiday printed paper from Paper Pizazz - Hot off the Press called Corner Ornaments. It is done in your traditional red, off-white and green color scheme accented with blue and gold.

I had 4 photos which I cropped down. The 2 larger ones are the same size and the 2 smaller ones are the same size, arranged in a grid. I matted them onto dark green cardstock and then red cardstock leaving an 1/8" edge around all mats.
The title of my page is "Presents for Me" and I picked that as my title because my little grand daughter kept saying "is that a present for me?" all day long. She was so cute! I used Alpha Letter Stickers in red for my title and used 3 tiny green holly stickers to accent the letter P, the letter o and the letter E in the word ME.

In the top right corner I used a 3-dimensional ornament embellishment (forget which brand) which I applied to the layout using foam dots. I used some gold metallic cord to hang them and taped the ends down on the back of the page. I stamped the words "Merry Christmas" onto off-white cardstock using red ink. I then matted my words on green and red cardstock and attached it to the page using foam dots. I decided to not do any journaling as I don't like my pages too cluttered up.

Over the next couple of weeks I will share a few more holiday scrapbook layouts with all of you as I get them completed. Thanks for reading my craft blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)