Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Here Comes the Bride Scrapbooking Layout Idea

Our daughter got married back in early September and I am finally getting around to scrapbooking a few wedding pages for her. When I do her pages, I don't make them too cluttered or too elaborate as she really likes the simplistic look when it comes to her scrapbook pages.

This particular bridal and wedding page would be a great one for a beginner or for someone who enjoys the simple look just like her. The page features 3 wedding photos of her dad walking her down the aisle to say her "I Do's".

The background is a sheet of dark blue 12" by 12" piece of cardstock. On top of that is a piece of 10" by 10" floral print scrapbooking paper. Framing that smaller 10" sheet is 1/2" wide by 10" long silver satin ribbon which was applied using glue dots.

All three photos were cropped down slightly and matted onto dark blue cardstock with a 3/16" edge and then applied to the page with double-sided stick tape. You could place your three photos any where on the page that you would like.

The title is a piece of pre-printed vellum that says "Here Comes the Bride" which was framed up using dark blue cardstock. I added a tiny silver metal star for the i in Bride to just jazz it up a bit and a sheer white ribbon bow accents the right corner of the title block. The only other embellishment is a white 3-dimensional heart sticker with a texture to it and I accented that with a 1/4" diameter faux half-pearl. I used a foam adhesive dot to place it onto the page.

The scrapbooking layout is a lot prettier than what my photo shows because my digital camera flash kept lightening things up and causing flash-back! Ugh! As I work on her wedding scrapbooking, I will post additional layouts as I complete them so keep checking back for more. Some will be simple in design (like this one) and others will be more elaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)