Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Photo Booth Smiles - Easy Scrapbooking Layout Idea

We went on vacation a few months ago down to the Jersey Shore. I am finally getting around to scrapbooking some of our photos from our vacation. We took our little grand daughter with us on vacation and every time she saw one of those "pay a few bucks" photo booths...she wanted to get in them. By the time we got home...we had 9 strips of photos from those booths!

You can click on the photo above to enlarge it to see the details up close!

I decided to scrapbook ONLY the best photos or the silliest ones and cut all of those photo strips a part to get those small 1" by 2" photos. I decided to do a grid pattern with them since they are so small in size and my grid ended up being 4 mini photos by 3 mini photos in size. I matted my grid of photos onto white cardstock, then yellow cardstock and then black cardstock as you can see in the photo above.

I cut 1" squares from black cardstock and then cut them in half on the diagonal to make my own photo squares/triangles. I glued one onto each corner of the yellow print background paper. I used alpha letters to spell out "Photo Booth Smiles" and mounted each alpha sticker onto black cardstock and then left an 1/8" border around each edge. I placed them onto the layout using adhesive foam dots to add dimension and I placed them crooked and slanted as I wanted a silly & fun look to my page. It's a great way to use up some leftover mis-matched Alpha stickers!

I made mini name plate journal boxes out of white, yellow and black cardstock. I think they each measure about 1" by 1 1/2" in size. I used a black gel pen and wrote each of our names on one and then the year of 2013 on the fourth & final one. I attached them to the page using adhesive foam dots.

The thing I like the most about this layout is the over-sized metal & rhinestone camera charm which was original a key chain! Its pretty large and sparkly with the rhinestones embedded in the faux camera lens. It adds some interest to the page along with just a tad of glitz and glam.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with how this turned out! I am working on a coordinating page which will be really similar to this page but will also include my journaling block & tags. A great quick & easy scrapbook layout to use up those tiny little photo booth pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)