Friday, December 6, 2013

Remodeling My Craft and Sewing Rooms

We have now lived in our new home for about 11 months. We have gotten most of the rooms remodeled and decorated the way that we would like. With that said, we are now being a three room remodeling project on our family room, my craft & sewing room and our one smaller guest bedroom.

For the family room and the small guest bedroom we are going to go with wall to wall carpeting in both of those rooms. Hubby gutted the old stucco walls last weekend and hung up all brand new drywall in both of the rooms. Next up...replacing the lighting fixtures and then the decorating will be begin.

Now for my craft and sewing room I am thinking about going with hardwood flooring and really like the BuildDirect on Amazon products. They have some beautiful choices and I really like the Bamboo Flooring Strand Woven in the Natural color and I like the Prefinished Canadian Hard Maple Flooring in Natural.

I think putting in hardwood flooring will be the way to go in that room because my orthopedic chair is on wheels. Plus, I use two large tables as my work surfaces and they are both on wheels too. We all know that craft & sewing room furniture that is on wheels don't work well on carpeting. I don't want ceramic tile as that is cold on the feet.

The lighter colors in hardwood flooring really appeal to me and my decorating taste. My craft room is about the size of our family room and I can't wait to get it done! After the flooring goes in I want hubby to run wall to wall shelving 3-layers deep across one of the walls so I can use them for storage space. My scrapbooking supplies will take up at least 1/2 of the room for sure!

For those of you who have your own craft/sewing rooms...do you prefer ceramic tile, hardwood or carpeted flooring? I would love to hear your thoughts on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)