Friday, December 6, 2013

Quick & Easy Zoo Theme Scrapbook Layout Idea

On the weekends I like to try to find at least one hour to sit down and do some crafting. Now that I am moving back into my remodeled craft room again, I am hoping to get a lot more time to craft. During my move-in/move-out...I realized that I have WAY TOO MUCH scrapbooking stuff! Seriously, I think I have enough supplies to open my own store!

I am on a mission to use up all of the left-over embellishments, paper scraps, etc. that I have left over from other projects. I have 9 large moving boxes of just "left-overs" from other layouts. Sigh, that is way too much scrap stuff laying in boxes!

For this Zoo theme scrapbook layout I was determined to use ONLY scraps of paper and embellishments that I had leftover from other projects and overall, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

I used a piece of tan colored cardstock for my background and then had 2 scraps of giraffe print paper that I pieced together and ran down the left side of the page. I covered up the "seam" by using leftover paw print ribbons which I ran down vertically alone the one edge and it covers up the horizontal theme. Great way to use up the scrap paper and the scrap ribbons all in one shot!
I matted out all three of my photos with dark brown cardstock and left a 3/16" edge around each of them. I had some leftover sticker letters in bright orange and spelled out the word ROAR. I placed each sticker onto the dark brown cardstock and then just cut around them with my tiny scissors. I used adhesive foam dots and attached them at the top of the layout for the title of my page. I accented it with a MONKEY cardstock sticker and placed him on the letter O.

I made my own decorator block for embellishments by using a scrap piece of beige paper, dark olive green paper and matted both onto the dark brown cardstock. I did use brown ink around all of the edges to add some dimension to it. I then used my leftover cardstock layered sticker embellishments on that block which are: a Lion, A Tigers (arrow) and a Elephants (arrow). I think it turned out cute.

Underneath the photo on the bottom right I placed a cardstock sticker that says "Don't Feed the Animals" and a Bears (arrow) cardstock sticker is layered to the right. I did this because hubby was pretending he was feeding the grand daughter to the stuffed bear at the zoo.

I did a little journaling in my own handwriting underneath the one photo just to save time and space. Overall, I am pretty pleased with how it worked out since I was using nothing but scrap supplies that I had on hand. Is it the cutest layout ever? Heck no, but it's pretty good for being made from scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)