Monday, November 18, 2013

Scrapbooking - Zebra at the Zoo Scrapbook Layout Idea

We moved into our new home about 10 months ago and I haven't had much time to do any scrapbooking. Currently my craft room is being remodeled so any crafting I do has to be done at the kitchen table until the room has been completed.

I decided to start working on some of the vacation photos that I had taken several months ago and an entire stack of them consisted of the day trip we took to the Cape May Zoo in New Jersey. The following scrapbook layout is one that I did in the 12x12 format.

I wanted the layout to be clean, uncluttered, quick and easy...so I used a solid white piece of 12x12 cardstock for my background. I cut two strips from zebra stripe printed paper with each one measuring 3/4" by 12" in length. I glued one strip to each side of the page. I used my paper trimmer with a wavy edge and cut two solid black strips to layer on top. Each of these black strips measure 1/2" by 12" in length. These make up the side borders of my layout.

Three photos that I cropped down and matted onto white cardstock (left 1/4" edge) and then matted again onto black cardstock (left 1/4" edge) were then attached to the page on the right side. We had gotten into one of those photo booths at the zoo so I cut apart those photos and selected three of them for the left side of my page. I matted them onto white and then black cardstock and attached them to the page using glue dots.

The title of my page is a 3-dimensional embellishment that says "A Day At The Zoo" which works perfectly with this layout since the word ZOO is done in a zebra print. I had some alpha letters that were in a zebra print that I wanted to use and made two 1 1/4" square blocks to spell out what I wanted to say. I used black ink around the edges of the white cardstock square before I matted it onto the black cardstock. On the first block I spelled out MY and on the second block I used a 3-D embellishment that says FAVORITE (in a zebra print) and then underneath that I just used the letters to spell out the word ZEBRA.

If you have been following my craft blog you know that I like simple, quick and easy scrapbook layouts. While getting all fancy and cluttery looking is great for some scrapbookers, it's just not my crafting taste. Enjoy the layout. I will have 9 more posts coming up with more quick & easy Zoo layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)