Monday, April 22, 2013

Seashells and Candle Beach Coastal Cottage Table Centerpiece


I needed a new table centerpiece for the upcoming Summer season and since I decorate most of my home in a coastal theme, I decided to make one myself. My entire centerpiece cost me only $11.00 to make and I am pretty happy with the results. In addition, it took me less than 5 minutes to construct and I personally think it looks really nice sitting on my dining room table.

We do a lot of entertaining outdoors during the Spring and Summer seasons and I will be moving it outdoors as the need arises. Here is how I made it.

Seashells and Candle Table Centerpiece

1 Round Natural Palm Plate
1 Tall Battery Operated Pillar Candle
2 Double AA Batteries
1 Bag of Natural Seashells

You can find natural Palm Plates at various retailers, I got mine online from Marx Foods who sells Palm Plates in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. I also purchased my tall battery operated pillar candle online and forget where I purchased it but it stands 6" tall and takes 2 double AA batteries. I purchased my bag of natural seashells at my local dollar store.

You simply place your battery operated pillar candle in the center of the palm plate and then stack up your seashells around it. That's it...nothing that is time consuming or hard to do. I had some leftover seashells and I glued them onto some dollar store clear acrylic napkin rings to match my table centerpiece.

Now to find some nice fabric placemats to go along with it and I will be pretty happy! Enjoy!