Monday, November 5, 2012

Scrapbooking - The Pumpkin Patch Scrapbook Layout Idea


A few weeks ago we took our little 3 1/2 year old grand daughter to the local Pumpkin Patch to pick out some pumpkins for Halloween! We spent the afternoon at the Pumpkin Patch and when we were done, she had selected 4 beautiful pumpkins! This scrapbook layout was done in the 12x12 size and is titled "Found Four". You can click on the photo to enlarge it to see the details!!!

I used the software that came with my Nikon digital camera to print out my photos and added these cute Halloween frames around them. Their photo frames with that software are adorable! My background is a sheet of 12x12 textured solid black cardstock. To add some depth, I used some plastic magic mesh in a silver metallic and ran two strips of that across my page. I believe each strip measures 3" by 12" in length. The silver goes great with the silver in the photo frames and really pulls it together.

I made my own bottom border using a strip of orange striped scrapbooking paper and it measures 1" by 12" and I rain 1/8" bronze color strips along each long edge to finish it up. The bronze color looks nice against the orange. I used black sticker letters in a funky font and placed them onto orange squares of cardstock and then used black ink around all edges of the square. I placed them onto the layout using glue dots. (Title: Found Four).

The rest of the layout features a few Halloween cardstock 3-dimensional stickers: Pumpkin, Leaves, Black Cat, Spider and Jack-o-lantern. I did the journaling in my own handwriting right above my bottom border strip. I feel it is important to do some handwriting on your scrapbook layouts when you can. Way too often we use computer generated stuff and trust me, future generations want to SEE your handwriting!!!

Overall, I am very please with this layout! You can click on the Scrapbooking or Halloween category here in my craft blog to find additional Halloween layouts too! Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)