Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Scrapbooking | Road Trip Vacation Scrapbook Layout Idea

A couple of months ago my hubby and I took a road trip up to Altoona Pennsylvania to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary in some peace & quiet (aka a nice quiet resort). We decided to take a nice road trip through the Allegheny Mountains here in Pennsylvania and saw miles upon miles of gorgeous mountains while on our drive.

Note: You can click on the photo in this post to enlarge it to see the details closer.

Today's layout is simple and clean looking which is great for beginners. It was done in the 12x12 format and features 3 photos that measure 3 1/2" by 5 1/2" each. My background is a dark sponge type print of scrapbooking paper that measures 12" by 12" in size. I then ran a felt butter fly border across the bottom that was laser cut in lime green.

I matted all 3 photos onto lime green cardstock and then onto dark green cardstock and placed them onto my layout. I didn't want to crop them down too small as I wanted to show the mountain scenery that we saw on our 4 hour drive. The photo on the left shows one of the 3 mountain tunnels that we had to drive through and I particularly didn't care for those at all!

My title block simply says "Pennsylvania" in red letters which is a sticker that I matted onto lime green cardstock and then matted it onto dark green cardstock. Underneath that is my secondary title block which says "Allegheny Mountains" which I matted the same way as the first title block. In the bottom left corner is my handmade journaling block and I accented that with some tiny daisy stickers to remind me that we took our trip in the spring. I then accented the two photos on the right with self-adhesive metal framed words. One says "Journey" and one says "Travel". The entire layout only took me about 35 to 40 minutes to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)